Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 5: My Body Plan and How it Went 2016

I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  I may add more, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m debating about making one or buying one still.  I’m not super crafty, so I’m thinking I may buy one. Almost all of the books we read are Usborne Books. We are in LOVE with them!  I also sell them, so if you would like more info. let me know! :)  Starting next time, I’m just going to have the link to my Usborne website right here only and have pictures of the books.  Then if you want to check them out you can click the link and search the name of the book.  Here’s the link: h4006.myubam.com

Week 5: My Body

January 31st-February 6th
This month we are studying All About Me and we’re studying about the our bodies this week.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 2.5 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 8 month old daughter.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on Pinterest.  This week we learned about the number 2 and the letter C.  My son knows he's 2 years old.  We talked about words that start with the letter C! :)

Monday 2.1.16 Books
We have A LOT of body books, but a few of them are out of stock right now including two that I ordered, so we won’t be using See Inside Your Body and Look Inside Your Body, but we will be using the Flip Flap Body Book.  I think we also have the Human Body Sticker Book.  We’ll also be using a new title All About Me throughout the month of February.  I want to get the new title. Big Book of the Body.  We won’t be going to Thanksgiving Point this day. Another new title that has some body learning is My first 100 words, we’ll use that for my 8 month old daughter's learning.
How it Went:  
Well, unfortunately this week was filled with sickness among other business and we only did our daily plans on Monday and skipped out the rest of the week.  We read one of the 9 little board books My First 100 Words called People, we read All About Me, and we looked at and talked about a couple pages from the Human Body Sticker book.  We’ll probably read Flip Flap Body Book today.  I found out my son knows most of his body parts, but it’s hard for him to remember ankles, wrists, etc.  We read the books with his baby sister, so I had him point to her eyes, nose, tummy, etc.  Hopefully that helped her learn a little too.  I think we’ll sing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes today as well and I know we’ll have a dance party fairly soon! :)
Picture of Flip-Flap Body Book (CV)Picture of Human Body Sticker Book - IRPicture of Lift-the-Flap Questions and Answers About Your Body - IRPicture of See Inside Your Body - IRPicture of Big Book of the Body - IRPicture of Look Inside Your BodyPicture of Everyone PoopsPicture of My First Word Book About MePicture of My First 100 WordsPicture of Children's Encyclopedia - IL (Reduced Format)

Tuesday 2.2.16 Library/Learning
We’ll talk about our bodies.  We’ll talk about some of the different components of our bodies; blood, bones, muscles, etc.  We’ll probably use the Flip Flap Body Book and maybe The Usborne Children’s Encyclopedia for our learning as well.  

Wednesday 2.3.16 Music/Library
We will OF COURSE sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes!  We’re also planning to attend the libraries music and movement time.

Thursday 2.4.16 Activity/Art
Since we missed our dance party last week, we’ll probably do it this day!  We might talk a little bit about how we can move our bodies. We might also do fingerprint activities again since he LOVED it so much last time!

Friday 2.5.16 Field Trip/Food
We’re planning to go the Thanksgiving Point.  We may try to go to the farm part, I’m not sure, but I know my son will want to go to the dinosaur party.  We might not be able to though because I have something at noon. We’ll see.

Saturday 2.6.16 Science/Sensory
I'm thinking we’re going to do the Living things and cells and pg 44 of 365 Science Activities for my son.  I’m not sure what we’ll do for my daughter, I haven’t loved the sensory ideas I’ve found for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment