Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 4: Dance 2016 Plan

I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  I may add more, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m debating about making one or buying one still.  I’m not super crafty, so I’m thinking I may buy one. Almost all of the books we read are Usborne Books. We are in LOVE with them!  I also sell them, so if you would like more info. let me know! :)  Starting next time, I’m just going to have the link to my Usborne website right here only and have pictures of the books.  Then if you want to check them out you can click the link and search the name of the book.  Here’s the link: h4006.myubam.com

Week 4: Dance

January 24th-30th
This month we are studying Art and we’re studying about the art of dance this week.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 2.5 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 8 month old daughter.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on pinterest.

Monday 1.25.16 Books
We borrowed a book called Little Ballerina Dancing book.  It’s kind of girl for my son, but it will help him understand that there are different kinds of dance.  I’m not sure if we own any books that have to do with dancing.  We may have some sticker books (shown below), I’ll have to check.  I just remembered I do have the Little Artists books and one of them is about a little girl who loves to dance!
Picture of Little Ballerina Dancing Book with CDPicture of Classical Music Sticker Book
Picture of Sticker Dolly Dressing DancersPicture of Little Artists
How it Went:
We did read some of these books, most of them were a little girly for my son.  He also got a little bored with them because of the girly issue, haha!
Picture of Sticker Dolly Dressing Ballerinas This is the other book we used.
Tuesday 1.126.16 Library/Learning
We’re planning to go to the library if we’re feeling all better.  I thought the kiddos were all better and then their runny noses and coughs came back!  We’ll talk about dance and some of the different kinds.  We’ll talk about how music can influence dance.  
How it Went:
This was my favorite part this week.  We searched videos of different kinds of dances on the internet.  We looked for quite awhile.  He would start to get bored with one and we would switch to another.  It was fun to see what kinds of dance, dress, and music he was uncomfortable with.  I didn’t realized how much he understands socially and culturally.  The link below was our favorite.

Wednesday 1.27.16 Music/Library
I’m really hoping we’ll be all better to go to music time!  He loves to dance and it’s a music and movement class!
How it Went:
We did go, but instead of paying attention, him and a couple friends chased each other around the room!  There was a couple times where we paid attention or followed along.  I was fine with it though, please get all that energy out! ;)

Thursday 1.28.16 Activity/Art
We’re totally having a dance party!!  We do that often anyway, but maybe we’ll put on different kinds of music and do or talk about some different kinds of dance.
How it Went:
We were about to do this, but we had to eat dinner and I had to leave pretty quick after nap time so we didn’t get to it. :(  Next week!

Friday 1.29.16 Field Trip/Food
My husband may take them on a field trip, but I have Regionals for Usborne this day, so I’m not going to plan anything.
How it Went:
Regionals was awesome!  One thing I learned about parenting from one of my upline leaders is if your child says something to their sibling, have them repeat it until it’s nice.  One way you can have nice children! :)

Saturday 1.30.16 Science/Sensory
Same with Saturday, I’ll be gone all day because of Regionals.  I may get home in time to read the Little Ballerina book (pictured above) to my daughter.  That would could as a sensory for us since I’ll be gone ALL day.
How it Went:
Again Regionals was super inspirational and fantastic!  My favorite thing that applies to parenting:  you are NOT a failure!  Failure is an event, not a person.  We have to make mistakes to get to success.  We can all be successful parents (or Usborne Consultants or whatever you do), we just need to keep trying and do our best.  We define Failure and Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment