Sunday, January 17, 2016

New Year, Renewing Goals! Week 1: Music Plan 2016

I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  I may add more, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m debating about making one or buying one still.  I’m not super crafty, so I’m thinking I may buy one.  

Week 1: Music Plan
Jan 3rd-9th 2016  This month we are studying Art and we’re studying about the art of music this week.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 2.5 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 8 month old daughter.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on pinterest:

Monday 1.4.16 Storytime/Books
We are going to attempt to go to story time tomorrow at the library at 10:30 to check it out.  They have a form of story time Monday (lap time, younger kiddos), Tuesday (story time for a little older kids), Wednesday (Music), and Friday (repeat story time for kiddos a little older).  My guess is we’ll generally go Wednesdays and Fridays, but I wanted to check out Monday as well.  I don’t know where they are at or what they are doing and learning at the library.  We may try to do the same letter they are weekly.  Also, every other week, my friend and I have our own story time on Mondays.  My kids and I will read our Usborne books about music.  Boom Bah! is the only one coming to mind right now that isn’t a holiday one.  We may bring some of our Christmas ones back out for this occasion! :) Having books Monday also gives us the opportunity to really focus and read them through the week!

Tuesday 1.5.16 Library/Learning
We are also going to the library this day to check out which story time we prefer, Tuesdays/Fridays or Mondays.  We are going to listen and learn about some of the different kinds (genres) of music.  Last year when we learned about music, my son didn’t have the attention span to sit and listen.  We’ll see this year.  My daughter will get the same thing, we’ll see if we can tell if she has preferences yet. ;)

Wednesday 1.6.16 Music
Again, we’re planning to go the library to check out the music group.  If we like it, that may be most of our learning for that day.  We’ll maybe add a couple things.  Since this week is about music, we’ll count that for our learning.


Thursday 1.7.16 Activity/Art
I think we’ll repeat last years activity.  We did hide and go seek with a music toy.  If I can’t find it, we might make musical instruments again.  We took a breast milk storage bottle and filled it with sprinkles.  If we don’t get time to do that, we’ll do one of our favorite things, a dance party.  My son loves to dance, we’ll see if my daughter we’ll like it or get into it yet. :)

Friday 1.8.16 Field Trip/Food/Library
If we miss the library Tuesday, we’ll go today.  I LOVE Fridays, so I want it to be a fun day, so we’ll try to do weekly field trips.  We have a pass to some children’s museums near us and we’ll try to incorporate what we are learning when we go to visit.  I know that one of the museums has a little music center, so that’s the plan for our field trip this week.

Saturday 1.9.16 Science/Sensory
I LOVE sensory everything, so we’ll always try to incorporate sensory for my daughter and science for my son.  I think I’ll repeat a similar sensory bin that I did for my son, but do it for my daughter.  i just put some random objects and had two different tools to bang.  I used a spoon last year and I think I’ll use that again and just see what we have.  My daughter also got a drum for Christmas, so we’ll also incorporate that.  I need to do some searching my Usborne science books to see if they have some music experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment