Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 13: Ocean and Beach Plan and How it Went 2015

*All of the daily ideas I’m using come from Pinterest and you can find them on my Pinterest Boards.  Most of the weekly ideas are my own and can also be found on my Pinterest Boards.* P.s. If you are wondering why certain words are bolded certain days, it’s because each day of the week that is our daily theme that relates to our weekly theme.  I hope that makes sense. :)

Just fyi, I may not follow my weekly plans exactly.  Sometime this year we will do a potty training week and I also combined TV shows and Movies into one week.  I also want to do Colors and Shapes again this year, so there may be minor changes, but you will know about them if you follow my blog. :)

Ocean and Beach Week

Monday:  We are planning to go the library this week.  We need to return some books and we’ll need to pick some up.  Also discovery time at the library is back.  We requested I Spy Under the Sea and also Curious George Goes the the Beach.  We also have a few different books we can use about sea creatures as well as books that have animated pictures of creatures in the Ocean.

How it Went:
Forewarning- this week was insanely busy for us, so we definitely didn’t get to follow our plan!  It was Spring Break and I had my first party with my new business, so I’ve been focused on other things!  I’m hoping I get the balance soon though.  We went to the library and got the only book that was read was the I Spy Under the Sea one.  We did read it and he really liked it (especially after we went to the Aquarium).  Discovery time was fun too!

Tuesday:  Lijah loves the 5 little monkeys swinging in a tree, so we’ll probably do that same song that I pinned about 5 little fishes.  If I have time (big if), I’ll color 5 little fishes and a shark.  We also are planning to go the Aquarium this day for our field trip.  I think because of that we will only do the one song this week.  Since there are soo many good sensory ideas for Ocean/Beach week, we’ll still do a sensory bin or bottle for this week even though we are doing a field trip as well.

How it Went:
We didn’t end up going to the Aquarium this day.  I did however sing him the 5 little fishes song, but he wanted me to sing him the monkey song instead.

Wednesday:  We’re planning to do the Turtle Puppet.  I think I’ll color it first since he hasn’t been into coloring lately!  He likes this monkey puppet we have, so I think he’ll like this.  Plus it says T is for Turtle and letters are what we learned about for most of March.  Maybe I’ll have him help me glue it so it will be an art activity for him.

How it Went:
We definitely didn’t get to this, I was busy with the aftermath of the party.  I do think he would like the puppet idea, so we may do this for another week with a different animal.  

Thursday:Ocean in a box, I love the idea of the sand so you get the beach effect too, but we don’t have sand.  I know I could make some, but we can’t use wheat which I believe most of them do because of allergies.  The nice thing is sensory ideas can also be activities!

 Star Fish Touch Pool
 Check out that shark!
 Shark right above us
 Not the best picture, but a Sea Turtle
 My son's favorite, the sea horse.  Well it's a toss up between the sea horses and the sharks.

How it Went:
We went to the Aquarium this day!  He absolutely loved it!  His favorite was the sharks!  He didn’t want to leave.  He seriously sat there for like a half an hour (at least that’s what it felt like) just watching!  He also really liked the penguins.  He really enjoyed all of it.  I was really impressed.  It was way better than the other one they use to have except for the touch pools aren’t as cool or as easily accessible and you couldn’t see the octopus very well, but other than that, I highly recommend it.  Maybe choose a less crowded  day.  It’s also a little expensive.  He also really like the sea horses and since we’ve read the I Spy book since then, he’s really liked the sea horses.  It makes sense, horses are his favorite animal.

Friday:  I think we may do the Ocean sensory bottle, but we may also do the Ocean in a box idea!  Maybe we’ll do the Ocean in box idea for Thursday.

How it Went:
We definitely didn’t get to this activity either, but I still want to do it.  He did have a bug sensory bin on Easter though! :)  We may or may not do the pretty much the same bug sensory bin for bug week! :)

Saturday:  I’m planning to do the pirate ship with the blue jello ocean, orange, and toothpick with the little pirate flag food idea.  We may not focus a lot on pirates, but there are so many fun kids movies and ideas with pirates that I want to add it in a little bit.

How it Went:We didn’t get to do this either, Saturday was a very busy day for us.  We didn’t really get to talk about the beach or anything about pirates.  If we have time this year, we may do Ocean/Beach week again, if not we may do it earlier next year.  Even though, we didn’t get to do all of our plans, he understands and likes the ocean a lot more, which is my goal.  We also will get our beach book next week and may touch on this topic again next week.  We also just got a book from Usborne about the Ocean (that’s my new business), so we can study it some more with the lift the flaps books from Usborne.  If you are interested in checking out these books, here’s a link: h4006.myubam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment