Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 12: Letters S-Z 2015 Plan and How it Went


*All of the daily ideas I’m using come from Pinterest and you can find them on my Pinterest Boards.  Most of the weekly ideas are my own and can also be found on my Pinterest Boards.* P.s. If you are wondering why certain words are bolded certain days, it’s because each day of the week that is our daily theme that relates to our weekly theme.  I hope that makes sense. :)

Just fyi, I may not follow my weekly plans exactly.  Sometime this year we will do a potty training week and I also combined TV shows and Movies into one week.  I also want to do Colors and Shapes again this year, so there may be minor changes, but you will know about them if you follow my blog. :)  For example Ocean/Beach week just moved to March 30th.

Letters S-Z



Monday:  Our focus letter for today is S.  I checked the library calendar and they don’t have discovery time this Monday, but they do the following week, so we again might not go into Ogden again, but we did just get at least one wonderful new book.  Plus my mom found one that she had that he also loves that I talked about last week.  We’ll also continue reading the kids dictionary for each letter(s) of the day.

How it Went:
So, we read in our kids dictionary some of the words that start with S.  We also read to other books the lift flap one I talked about last week and the pull out one from 2 weeks ago.  He really likes both of them.  They are short and can keep his attention and also have nice illustrations.

Tuesday:  We’ll stick with the same songs from the last 3 weeks.  Letters has been fun so far.  I think he’s really enjoyed them and he even likes to watch the videos of the other 2 songs.  Our focus letter is T.

How it Went:
We sang the traditional ABC song and then we watched the ABCD one.  He enjoyed it, not as much as last time, but he was pretty tired from not taking a nap, not to mention it was past his bedtime.  

Wednesday:  I think instead of doing the coloring page since he hasn’t been liking those as much lately, we’ll do the chalk for art.  This idea came semi-indirectly from the pin DIY alphabet games.  He really enjoyed that last week.  Today we’ll focus on U.



How it Went:
We did go play with chalk, but he was definitely more excited to be and play outside than he was about the chalk.  He played with it for about 5 minutes and then was done.  We drew a Unicorn since today the focus was U. We finished the alphabet! 
Thursday:  I think we’ll go back to our magnet board for the letters S-Z.  Our focus letter will be V.  I think of this more as a sensory idea than an activity, I think we’ll switch the fishing for letters in the tub idea to today and leave the magnet board for tomorrow.

How it Went:
Yesterday was a crazy busy day for me.  So, we didn’t get to this activity, nor did Lijah get a bath, so hopefully this will happen tomorrow, but if not Sunday will be the day.

Friday:  W is our focus letter today, but I think we’ll repeat the sensory idea with the fishing pole from last week.  Although I think we’ll switch Thursday and Fridays ideas.  I think the magnet board is more sensory, plus he almost always has baths on Thursdays.

How it Went:
I think we skipped T, but went over, U, V, and W, so today we read in the children’s encyclopedia about the letter T.  We didn’t do this activity either, this weekend is just busy.  Well, there’s always next week! :)  Hopefully we can catch up!

Saturday:  X, Y, and Z will be our focus letters for today.  So I was thinking I’ll try something zebra for his food, but again mostly what I found are cakes and cookies.  My little guy likes zebras because they are like horses.  So I may have to get creative on this one.  I was thinking I could use string cheese and stripes and he doesn’t eat anything black, so that’s as far as I’ve come.  I’ll add more as I think about it.
We may forgo this idea completely because we’ll be in Provo all day for a baby shower.

How it Went:
We definitely didn’t get this as I suspected.  Not to mention my little guy had an allergic reaction and threw up every 10-20 minutes for 4 or 5 hours. :(  We probably won’t do this one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment