Friday, March 6, 2015

Week 10: Letters G-L 2015 Plan and How it Went

*All of the daily ideas I’m using come from Pinterest and you can find them on my Pinterest Boards.  Most of the weekly ideas are my own and can also be found on my Pinterest Boards.* P.s. If you are wondering why certain words are bolded certain day, it’s because each day of the week that is our daily theme that relates to our weekly theme.  I hope that makes sense. :)
Just fyi, I may not follow my weekly plans exactly.  Sometime this year we will do a potty training week and I also combined TV shows and Movies into one week.  I also want to do Colors and Shapes again this year, so there may be minor changes, but you will know about them if you follow my blog. :)  For example Ocean/Beach week just moved to March 30th.

Letters G-L


Monday:  I think we’ll go to the library class, but probably not get anymore books because we already have 4 from the library that we can use.  Plus we have the picture dictionary.  Plus, I think the repetition of the books will help him learn better.  G will be our focus.

How it Went:
The library class went well, we learned about the letter E.  We picked up at book about numbers.  I don’t really love the ABC books we have right now.  I think I might request some new ones.  We have much better counting books.  Despite that, my little guy is still learning the ABC’s and saying them really well.  Monday was a busy day, we didn’t really focus on G.

Tuesday: I think we’ll do the ABC song again.  Maybe we’ll try the other one we didn’t do last week, which is the pic that just has ABCD on it, not the animal one.  H will be our focus.

How it Went:
We didn’t really focus on H.  I had 4 hrs of sleep the night before and my head felt fuzzy all day.  We did sing the ABC’s, but didn’t get to the other song.  Tomorrow or Thursday we should have time.

Wednesday: I is our focus today.  We’re going to do the same coloring page as last week, but for I instead of C.

  

How it Went:  
I couldn’t find the coloring page, so I need to print again. :(  We’ll plan to do it tomorrow.

Thursday: Our focus is J.  I think we’ll play with our blocks letters G to L and then maybe get them all out to build with, for our activity.  He started to like to build more.  Our blocks also have pictures on them that we can talk about, not just letters.  We may also talk about jumping because he loves it at least in his bed, on our bed, and on the couch.

How it Went:
We got a lot done this day.  We listened to the other ABC song from Tuesday.  He really liked it, we watched the whole thing through one and a half times.  That’s about 7 times of the song.  We also colored his I picture.  We practiced saying each of the words as well.  It was almost his bedtime, so he wasn’t so into coloring.  Not to mention he colored the day before.  We also played with the blocks.  I showed his the letters and the pictures that started with the same letter, ie. D = Dolphins.  We built them up a little, but again he was tired, so not really in the mood.

Friday: K will be our focus.  Last week we played with the letters A-F often on a magnet board, we may do that for our sensory again or go to the park and point out all the words we can see that start with K.  I don’t think there are too many words that start with K, so we’ll probably just do the magnet board activity again.

How it Went:
We didn’t do this yet, maybe on Monday.

Saturday:  L is our focus today.  For food, I’m planning to make the lion head with the carrots for the mane.  I found soo many cute ideas for food lions, but that one is the easiest for me to adapt to my son’s allergies.

How it Went:
I totally forgot about this since my husband and I went on a night away vacation on Friday, we may do this next week or we may not.  We’ll have to see how it goes since next week I’ve added extra activities because of St. Patrick’s Day.  If we don’t get to, we can always do it for zoo week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment