Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week 15: Treat Others with Kindness and Respect/Be Nice 2015 Plan

*All of the daily ideas I’m using come from Pinterest and you can find them on my Pinterest Boards.  Most of the weekly ideas are my own and can also be found on my Pinterest Boards.* P.s. If you are wondering why certain words are bolded certain days, it’s because each day of the week that is our daily theme that relates to our weekly theme.  I hope that makes sense. :)

Just fyi, I may not follow my weekly plans exactly.  Sometime this year we will do a potty training week and I also combined TV shows and Movies into one week.  I also want to do Colors and Shapes again this year, so there may be minor changes, but you will know about them if you follow my blog. :)

Be Nice/Treat Others with Respect/Kindness

Monday:  We need to return a book to the library, so we’ll most likely go, it just depends if I can get my order for my business party submitted before we need to leave.  If I get that done, we’ll stay for the little class.  I’m not getting any books from the library this week, I have one that will work and I’m planning to order another that will come later this week.  It’s definitely for older children, but I definitely want it in my collection.  My book is called the Tale of Two Beasts.  It teaches children to look at things from another perspective and not just their own.  I think this is hard for most of us even as adults, but I think it’s an invaluable lesson and will help anyone who is able to learn it for their whole life.  The other book is called Do Nice, Be Kind, Spread Happy.  These books are both Usborne Books and More and since I now have a business with this company and am in love with these books, most of my suggestions will come from these books.

Tuesday: We are going to sing to songs from the LDS Children’s Songbook; When We’re Helping, p.198b and A Happy Helper, p.197a

Wednesday: I think we’ll do a service this day.  I’m thinking we’ll draw a picture for someone, probably my brother who is in Mexico on an LDS mission.

Thursday:  I don’t really know what food could go along with the concept of “Be nice,” but maybe we’ll talk about and practice sharing during meals.

Friday:  My son hasn’t had much experience with other cultures, people with disabilities, or people that are different from him in general.  I may try to expose him to this.  He’s still really young, but I think those differences have greatly enhanced myself and I think it will do the same for him throughout his life.  I’m not sure how will go about this yet, but for now we may try a sensory bin.

Saturday:  We will probably make cookies for someone!  That might be fun for my little guy!  Maybe we’ll plan on that and talk about who we could take them to and some reasons why we might take food to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment