Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 9: Ocean How it Went

I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  I may add more, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m debating about making one or buying one still.  I’m not super crafty, so I’m thinking I may buy one. Almost all of the books we read are Usborne Books. We are in LOVE with them!  I also sell them, so if you would like more info. let me know! :)  Starting next time, I’m just going to have the link to my Usborne website right here only and have pictures of the books.  Then if you want to check them out you can click the link and search the name of the book.  Here’s the link: h4006.myubam.com

Week 9: Ocean

March 6th - 12th
This month we are studying about our World and we’re specifically studying about oceans this week.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 2.5 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 8 month old daughter.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on pinterest.

Monday 2.15.16 Books
We have so many Ocean books! I wanted to cover all my bases I could think of, so we talked about under the sea, on the beach, and pirates.  Here are some we read.  We also had story time this day and so we made oceans in a bottle.  We had water bottles and dyed the water green or blue and added sparkles and little ocean animals.  My son still loves his ocean weeks later! :)




Tuesday 2.16.16 Library/Learning
The kids got sick this week so we didn’t really do a whole lot.

Wednesday 2.17.16 Music/Library
Again, sick kids=not going anywhere and hardly doing anything.

Thursday 2.18.16 Activity/Art
We didn’t do our activity this day and it may have been a few week later, but I have a sensory bin for the kids and we put our little ocean animals (shark, dolphin, sea lion, crab, etc.)  They kids LOVED this and wanted to do it for several days until we clean it up.

Friday 2.19.16 Field Trip/Food
We still have yet to do this, but we’re going to go to the Aquarium.  We took Lijah over a year ago and he loved it.  He couldn’t keep his eyes away from the big aquarium.  Hopefully I’ll be able to take him in the next two weeks before we move for the summer.

Saturday 2.20.16 Science/Sensory
I’m counting our story time activity as our science and our ocean animals in our sensory bin for our sensory activity too.  The reason the ocean in a bottle was a science activity is because besides water, we added oil.  When you turn the bottle sideways it mimics waves and makes bubbles.  I’m pretty sure the adults were as excited as the kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment