Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 10: Pond and Farm Animals Plan and How it Went 2016

I slacked off for about a month and a half, so even though it isn’t really the 10th week of the month, this is our plan.  I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  Almost all of the books we read are Usborne Books. We are in LOVE with them!  I also sell them, so if you would like more info. let me know! :)  Starting next time, I’m just going to have the link to my Usborne website right here only and have pictures of the books.  Then if you want to check them out you can click the link and search the name of the book.  Here’s the link: h4006.myubam.com


Week 10: Farm/Pond Animals


May 1st-7th
This month we are studying about Animals and we’re studying about the animals that live on farms and ponds this week.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 3 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 1 year old daughter as well.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on pinterest.


Monday 5.2.16 Books
This week we will read a few different books, My Farm Animal World, Slide and See Farm, and Farmyard Play book for my daughter.  For my son we’ll read Farmyard Tales, Peek Inside the Farm, and Farm Animals (Beginner Reader).  We have so many books about farms! :)


How it Went:
We read all of these except for Farm Animals.  We read these pretty often and the kids liked them all. :)  My 1 year old has a hard time paying attention to the whole story in Farmyard Tales.  She does fine if we just read the top part, but my 3 year old has started to love stories and telling stories, so there are a few books we read without our little one.


Tuesday 5.3.16 Library/Learning
If my kids are feeling better, we’ll probably go to storytime at the library.  Otherwise, we’ll talk about the animals that live on a farm and near a pond.  We’ll talk about fish and frogs too.

Fish at the hatchery, there were sooo many!
How it Went:
We ended up going to the fish hatchery.  My 3 year old really liked it and I thought it was really interesting.  It wasn’t like the one in Ogden (which I still want to do) where you can catch a fish, but it was still fun to learn what they do and where the fish the raise go.


Wednesday 5.4.16 Music/Library
We’ll sing Old MacDonald,Baa Baa Black Sheep, and Tiny Tim the Turtle (song below if you aren’t familiar with it).  Below are some more ideas.


How it Went:
I can’t remember now if we sang Baa Baa Black Sheep, but we did sing Tiny Tim and Old MacDonald and the kids liked them.  My 3 year old is starting to sing songs and my 1 year old loves songs! :)


Thursday 5.5.16 Activity/Art
We’re going to make sheep which is the first activity of the book below.
How it Went:
We didn’t get to this activity.


Friday 5.6.16 Field Trip/Food
We’re either going to go catch a fish at a hatchery or go to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. We may try to do the one for our family activity on Monday depending on how everyone is feeling.
Turkey at the Farm
How it Went:
We went to the Farm at Thanksgiving Point and fed the chickens, sheep, and goats.  The kids got to ride ponies and touch horses.  We all love the Farm! :)


Saturday 5.7.16 Science/Sensory
We may play in some mud like pigs. :)  I think they’ll both enjoy that.  Plus, I can also point out how dirt mixed with water becomes mud.  Now I just need to find some dirt. :)
How it Went:
We also didn’t get to this. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment