Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 7: Dogs 2015 Plan and How it Went

*All of the daily ideas I’m using come from Pinterest and you can find them on my Pinterest Boards.  Most of the weekly ideas are my own and can also be found on my Pinterest Boards.* P.s. If you are wondering why certain words are bolded certain day, it’s because each day of the week that is our daily theme that relates to our weekly theme.  I hope that makes sense. :)

Just fyi, I may not follow my weekly plans exactly.  Sometime this year we will do a potty training week and I also combined TV shows and Movies into one week.  I also want to do Colors and Shapes again this year, so there may be minor changes, but you will know about them if you follow my blog. :)

Dogs

Monday:  We’ll be going to the library for the half hour “class” and to pick up our dog books.  I think he’s really going to like this week.  His favorite animals, go horse, dog, and then probably monkey.  I think we may just focus more on monkeys during jungle week or zoo week rather than do an entire week on them.  The books I’ve chosen are Spot Loves His Mommy and I’ll use some Clifford books I already have.  I wanted to use a couple from the Pin Fluffy, Playful, and Cuddly Books about Dogs, but the 3 I wanted to use the library doesn’t have. :(  We’ll also be getting the Emperor’s Clothes book from last week.

How it Went:
So my little guy is sick, we think with the croupe again. :(  So, I didn’t take him to the library, not something I want to pass on to other kids.  I went myself to pick up books.  We read Mommy Loves Spot.  We also watched an episode and a half a Clifford.  Lijah liked them, but poor guy was pretty tired and drained from coughing, etc.

Tuesday:  We’ll definitely be singing BINGO and I haven’t decided yet if we’ll sing the Hot Dog Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog song (we have it on the IPAD) or the Christmas 12 dogs one.  Either way, we’ll probably sing 2 songs only.

How it Went:
He liked the song BINGO.  He thought it was fun and tried to dance too, a little.  That’s pretty typical for this little guy.  He always dances to the Hot Dog Hot Dog song.  I sang the Hot Dog song to him while he was eating dinner.  He liked watch the Appisode at the same time as I sang it to him.  He thought it was funny.  We also read a Clifford book and the Emperor’s New Clothes.  

Wednesday:  I’m thinking we’ll do the paper plate Clifford art activity.

 We chose something easier since we're both sick.

How it Went:
I think we’ll just color a picture of a dog today, my little guy is sick and that art activity is a little more involved.  http://www.coloringpagespict.com/429-dog-coloring-pages/dog-coloring-pages is where we got our coloring page.  I saved it into downloads and printed it.  To find it, I types in free dog coloring pages to find more if you don’t like this one.  We chose this coloring page because we watched 101 Dalmatians last night.  We used colored pencils instead of crayons this time, I think he likes crayons better plus they’re easier to hold.

Thursday: The plan is to do the Pretend Play Dog Park activity.  That could definitely be a sensory activity also, but I think it will be fun to pretend to be dogs.  I think it will help him be a little less afraid of people pretending to be dogs.  For some reason that’s been scaring him lately.  It might also help him be less afraid of big dogs, hopefully. :)  We probably will not do the park part of it, but just do basic dog things.

How it Went:
We didn’t actually get to do this activity, so I plan to do it Friday.  We’re gone from 10:15 until 6:30 or so in Provo.  We also found out my little guy (and I probably) have RSV which has been going around like crazy.  SO we’re suppose to avoid kids for a week or two so we don’t pass it on.  It seems like he’s starting to get better.

Friday:  I was thinking we could go visit someone with a nice and friendly dog.  He has a love/fear relationship with them.  Otherwise, if that doesn’t work out, we’ll probably do the sensory bin idea.  We’ll probably modify our sensory activity because I don’t think we have any dogs to do the sensory bin idea.  We may just have to pretend.  I don’t want to visit anyone with a dog and pass on our sickness.  We may just forgo the sensory bin and just use Thursday idea for sensory.

How it Went:
He thought it was funny and not scary this time.  He even pretended with me a little bit.  I didn’t do as much as I would have had we both not been sick.  We mostly played on my bed.  He barked like a dog, but wouldn’t do the actions as much.

Saturday: Our plan is to the the wiener dog out of bananas and maybe use sprinkles for the eyes and nose.  My little guy’s favorite food is bananas, so he should enjoy this one.


How it Went:  He loved it, i don’t know if he understood that it was a dog, but he sure loves bananas.  He was weirded out a little by the sprinkles, but still ate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment