Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week 14: 4th of July Plans and How it Went

I want to get a board where it states the weather, day of the week, month, letter of the week, we’ll also practice numbers by what day it is (Jan 4th).  I may try to incorporate colors weekly.  I may add more, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m debating about making one or buying one still.  I’m not super crafty, so I’m thinking I may buy one. Almost all of the books we read are Usborne Books. We are in LOVE with them!  I also sell them, so if you would like more info. let me know! :)  If you want to check the books out that I mention, you can click the link and search the name of the book.  Here’s the link: h4006.myubam.com


Week 14: 4th of July


June 26th- July 2nd
In July we are studying about the Safety, but this week we are studying about the holiday, the 4th of July.  This topic is going to be a little harder since Usborne is a company that started in the US.  Kane Miller is another publisher that is part of Usborne and they have a few US type things.  These lesson plans are mostly for my 3 year old son, but I’m adapting them to my 1 year old daughter as well.  They can be adapted for any age.  I have more ideas on pinterest.


Monday 6.27.16 Books    
Again, the books I want to read I either didn’t bring or they haven’t been release yet.  I don’t think one comes out until September.  It’s like I love you Animally if you’ve seen that one except it’s Americanly and goes across the US.  The other one that I think will be officially released soon is Timelines of World History!  I’m SUPER excited for that one!  I just thought of some more we could use that are pretty close - Atlas type books and world books.  Another one we can use is Cities of the World and this time around focus on just Us cities.  Oh and World War books.  We’ll be using The Usborne Encyclopedia of World History (one of my son’s favorites), Cities of the World, and My First Reference Book about Our World.
How it Went:
When we went to the library to check out books, there weren’t anymore 4th of July ones left.  We did use the Cities of the World, an out of print Atlas, and the reference book Our World.  My son had a hard time paying attention.


Tuesday 6.28.16 Library/Learning   
We will definitely be learning more about the 4th of July at the library and I can’t get a card yet since we recently moved and haven’t yet received mail in our name, so it will be at the library.
How it Went:
We talked about how we won our independence and freedom.  I feel like he should totally understand that because he’s in that phase where he wants his independence. :)


Wednesday 6.29.16 Music/Library
We’re planning to go to the library this day as well.  We’ll definitely be singing The Star Spangled Banner and I also want to sing America the Beautiful and My Country ‘Tis of Thee, but I’m going to try to add a song more for my kiddos too.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234539093071415847/ Red, White, and Blue and Wave a Little Flag are the names of the songs.
How it Went:
We didn’t sing the little kid song, but we sang the other 3 several times and they loved them!


Thursday 6.30.16 Activity/Art
I think we’ll try one of the art activities below!  Either using a straw to paint fireworks or the salt paint one sounds fun too!  
How it Went:
We didn’t get this.


Friday 7.1.16 Field Trip/Food
We’ll probably go to the parade for the 4th of July! :)
How it Went:
We didn’t get to this either, but there wasn’t one this day.


Saturday 7.2.16 Science/Sensory
We’ll probably do something with food for our sensory.  I love the star watermelon idea with blue berries.  Although the bottom link is fun for a science activity!
How it Went:
We didn’t get to this either.

No comments:

Post a Comment